Four British tourists seriously injured in last week’s terror attack in the Tunisian city of Sousse have been flown back to the UK by the RAF.

All the other Britons injured in the attack will be flown home in the coming hours, the governments says.

The four Britons were evacuated from Tunisia aboard a specially modified RAF C17 transport plane, and the MoD said that it is working to make sure that each patient is being treated in the “best hospital in their area for their needs”.

Eighteen British tourists have been confirmed among the dead from the attack, but it is feared that the number could rise to as high as 30, once all the bodies have been identified.

A team of British consular staff are on the ground in Sousse, offering help and support to those injured and the affected families.

On Monday, Tunisian authorities arrested a number of people they believe had links with the gunman, providing him with weapons and logistical support.

Prime Minister David Cameron has announced that a national minute’s silence will take place in the UK on Friday at 12:00 BST, a week after the shooting.

Share.

Location

Comments are closed.