A man died from septic shock after a vibrator became stuck in his body, and inquest heard.

Southwark Coroners’ Court heard that Nigel Willis, 50, was too embarrassed to visit a doctor after the sex aid became stuck deep within his rectum and lay on the sofa for five days complaining of dizziness and discomfort.

A friend finally convinced Willis to go to hospital on 30 December 2013 and he was admitted to intensive care on New Year’s Eve, where the doctors found that the sex toy had perforated his bowel and he was suffering from septic shock.

Willis died of multi-organ failure, sepsis and a perforated bowel on 7 February.

Share

Comments are closed.