- IG presents ‘IG Commodity Chat’ – a series of live discussions focused on trends in commodity markets
- Our first chat will look at what the future might be for the gold market
- Presenter Sara Walker will be joined by Simon Popple, director of Brookville Capital, and Ross Norman, CEO of Sharps Pixley
- Watch live on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube at 1pm (UK time) on Thursday 22 November
- Viewers can submit questions for the Q&A using #IGCommodityChat on social media
The gold mining industry has becoming increasingly constrained by the scarcity of the precious metal. The difficulty in finding gold has caused a rise in operating costs as mining companies have to look in more remote locations and drill to unprecedented depths. The amount of gold discovered has not met expectations, and forecasts predict that gold supply could decline even further over the next few decades.
The situation is likely to be exacerbated by growing demand for gold from emerging economies and nations such as Russia. The imbalance between supply and demand is predicted to lead to a significant rise in the price of gold.
With so much potential for volatility, trading provider IG is taking a look at what could be next for the gold market. The firm’s presenter Sara Walker will be speaking to Simon Popple, director of Brookville Capital, and Ross Norman, CEO of Sharps Pixley, to discuss a range of topics including:
- Will gold mining companies reduce their production if the price of gold falls too low?
- How does a lack of new discoveries impact the price of gold?
- How sustainable is the growing demand for gold?
- Why is the price of gold so low if there is so much reported demand?
There will be a live Q&A during the session, so viewers can put forward any topics they’d like Simon and Ross to discuss, or any questions they want answered. They can post questions to the #IGCommodityChat Community page, or by using #IGCommodityChat on Twitter or Facebook.
To watch the live video stream, tune in at 1pm (UK time) on Thursday 22 November via IG’s trading platform, or the company’s YouTube, Facebook or Twitter pages. For more information, please contact Irene Castaneda (email@example.com).
About IG: IG empowers informed, decisive, adventurous people to access opportunities in over 15,000 financial markets. With a strong focus on innovation and technology, the company puts client needs at the heart of everything it does.
IG’s vision is to be a global leader in retail trading and investments. Established in 1974 as the world’s first financial spread betting firm, it continued leading the way by launching the world’s first online and iPhone trading services.
IG is now an award-winning, multi-platform trading company, the world’s No.1 provider of CFDs* and a global leader in forex. It provides leveraged services with negative balance protection, and offers an execution-only share dealing service in the UK, Australia, Germany, France, Ireland, Austria and the Netherlands. IG has recently launched a range of affordable, fully managed investment portfolios, to provide a comprehensive offering to investors and active traders.
It is a member of the FTSE 250, with offices across Europe, Africa, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East – plus the US, where it offers on-exchange limited risk derivatives via the Nadex brand.
Risk warning: Spread bets and CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 79% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading spread bets and CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how spread bets and CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
* Based on revenue excluding FX (published financial statements, February 2018).